Up Up ‘n’ Away Social Guidelines
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or delete portions of these guidelines at any time without further notice. Your continued use of the site after any such changes constitutes your acceptance of the new guidelines. If you do not agree to abide by these or any future terms and conditions, do not use or access (or continue to use or access) the site. It is your responsibility to regularly check the site to determine if there have been changes to these guidelines or terms and conditions and to review such changes.
You understand that except for Up Up ‘n’ Away online shop, Up Up ‘n’ Away is available for your personal, non-commercial use only. You represent, warrant and agree that no materials of any kind submitted through your account or otherwise posted, transmitted, or shared by you on or through the service will violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights; or contain libelous, defamatory or otherwise unlawful material.
In addition, you agree not to use the site to:
Harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users from site by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications;
Use the site in any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the site;
Use automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with the site;
Upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any content that we deem to be harmful, threatening, unlawful, defamatory, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, obscene, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
Upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any videos other than those of a personal nature that: (i) are of you or your friends and family, (ii) are taken by you or your friends and family, or (iii) are original art or animation created by you or your friends;
Register for more than one User account, register for a User account on behalf of an individual other than yourself, or register for a User account on behalf of any group or entity;
Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity;
Upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
Upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make publicly available on the Site any private information of any third party, including, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses and credit card numbers;
Solicit personal information from anyone under 18 or solicit passwords or personally identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
Upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
Intimidate or harass another;
Upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law (this includes the posting of any information you have obtained illegally);
Use or attempt to use another's account, service or system without authorisation, or create a false identity on the site.
Upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that, in the sole judgment of Up Up ‘n’ Away, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Site, or which may expose Up Up ‘n’ Away or its users to any harm or liability of any type.
Use the site to seek egg donors or surrogate donors. We allow discussions but we can't allow people to advertise for egg donations or to receive donations.
User Content Posted on the Site
You are solely responsible for the photos, profiles (including your name, image, and likeness), messages, notes, text, information, music, video, listings, and other content that you upload, publish or display (hereinafter, "post") on or through the site, or transmit to or share with other users (collectively the "User Content").
You may not post, transmit, or share User Content on the site that you did not create or that you do not have permission to post. You understand and agree that Up Up ‘n’ Away may, but is not obligated to, review the site and may delete or remove (without notice) any Site Content or User Content in its sole discretion, for any reason or no reason, including User Content that in the sole judgment of Up Up ‘n’ Away violates this Agreement, or which might be offensive, illegal, or that might violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of users or others.
You are solely responsible at your sole cost and expense for creating backup copies and replacing any User Content you post or store on the Site or provide to the Up Up ‘n’ Away.
When you post User Content to the Site, you authorise and direct us to make such copies thereof as we deem necessary in order to facilitate the posting and storage of the User Content on the Site. By posting User Content to any part of the Site, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to Up Up ‘n’ Away an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part) and distribute such User Content for any purpose, commercial, advertising, or otherwise, on or in connection with the Site or the promotion thereof, to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such User Content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing.
You may remove your User Content from the Site at any time. If you choose to remove your User Content, the license granted above will automatically expire, however you acknowledge that the Company may retain archived copies of your User Content. Up Up ‘n’ Away does not assert any ownership over your User Content; rather, as between us and you, subject to the rights granted to us in these Terms, you retain full ownership of all of your User Content and any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with your User Content.
User Rights and Responsibilities
Please bear in mind that all of the material you read in our comments and forum areas comes from other members. Because our community is very large, Up Up ‘n’ Away does not monitor or verify the information posted by our members. The comments, opinions, and statements posted on our blogs, bulletin boards and chats reflect the views of the user who makes the post and don't necessarily reflect the views of Up Up ‘n’ Away. Therefore, we are not responsible for the content of reader comments, However, if we see or are notified of comments that breach the policies of Up Up ‘n’ Away’s social guidelines in any way we reserve the right to delete the related comments and terminate the connected user account at any time without notifying the reader.
The information posted on our blogs, messages, forums and chats, including advice and opinions, are the responsibility of those members who create the posts. Posts from users may contain medical information that is incorrect or dangerous to you or your children. Please consult your doctor or other qualified professional before relying on information you find in the community areas. If you believe that you have an emergency of any kind, please contact your healthcare provider or dial 000 or your local emergency number for assistance.
UP UP ‘N’ AWAY AND ITS AFFILIATES ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CONSEQUENCE RELATING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY TO ANY ACTION OR INACTION YOU TAKE BASED ON THE CONTENT AVAILABLE VIA THE WEB SITE, INCLUDING THE FORUM AREAS. YOU MUST EVALUATE, AND BEAR ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH, THE USE OF ANY CONTENT, INCLUDING ANY RELIANCE ON THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF CONTENT.
THE CONTENT AVAILABLE IN THE FORUM AREAS IS PROVIDED WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT NEITHER UP UP ‘N’ AWAY NOR ITS SUPPLIERS OR USERS ARE ENGAGED IN RENDERING MEDICAL, COUNSELLING, LEGAL, OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL SERVICES OR ADVICE. YOU SHOULD NOT UTILISE SUCH CONTENT AS MEDICAL OR HEALTHCARE ADVICE, MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT FOR ANY INDIVIDUAL PROBLEM. IT IS ALSO NOT INTENDED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL ADVICE AND SERVICES FROM A QUALIFIED HEALTHCARE PROVIDER FAMILIAR WITH YOUR UNIQUE FACTS. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTHCARE PROVIDER REGARDING ANY MEDICAL CONDITION.
Up Up ‘n’ Away provides forums for visitors, members and subscribers to read and share information with others. Disclosing personally identifiable information online through forums and message boards makes this information public. Please be careful, and use discretion when disclosing any personal information. Please remember that because of the live nature of the discussions on this community, we do not and cannot actively monitor all posted messages and are not responsible for their content. Any user who finds material posted by another user that she or he believes violates our User Guidelines, or you have spotted content that may otherwise require attention, please send a private message to firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to the content and a brief description of what you believe is wrong. Notification is voluntary and anonymous, but in no case should a user respond to a situation personally, thereby aggravating the situation further. Responding to a violation in an inflammatory manner is a violation in itself and will result in appropriate action.
Permission for approval must be sought from us at before Up Up ‘n’ Away is used for research, recruitment, journal articles, marketing, photos or promotions. This includes journalist solicitations. We are able to remove or modify any data submitted by you for any reason we feel constitutes a violation of our policies, whether stated, implied or not. This will be done within a reasonable time frame (considering the real-time nature of the forum), if we determine that removal is necessary. However, because this is a manual process, please realise that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. Up Up ‘n’ Away forums may also contain links to other web sites and files. We have no control over their content and cannot ensure that it will not be offensive or objectionable. We will, however, remove links to material that we feel is inappropriate as we become aware of them. If a member posts objectionable messages, they will be contacted by their registered email address requesting this to be stopped.
Up Up ‘n’ Away reserves the right to ban a member from participating in these forums if they continue to post objectionable material.
Up Up ‘n’ Away reserves the right to grant approval to third party advertisers to use product reviews and testimonials at their discretion for advertising or promotional means.
Additionally, the following rules apply:
1. Cross-posting in the forums is not allowed and will result in the removal of one or more posts. Cross-posting is defined as posting the same information in two or more locations. When posting your topic, please try to post it in the most appropriate place within the organisational structure of our community. Identical topics posted in the same or different forums will be removed.
2. While member post count has meaning, it should not be taken too seriously. Attempts to artificially increase your post count are prohibited. This includes the mass creation of short or meaningless posts.
3. Advertising commercial or personal businesses through your
Up Up ‘n’ Away profile, QR Codes in profile images, names, posts, signatures, avatars or private messaging (PM's) is strictly forbidden.
Up Up ‘n’ Away does not allow any business names - either as the registered profile name, image or link in your profile. Generally speaking, posts made specifically for the promotion of a website, product or service are considered advertising or, at least, posts made that unnecessarily send people to a website that you are in some way affiliated with. It does not matter if it is a commercial website, a personal website, a non-profit website, etc. We do sell advertisements on a case-by-case basis. If you are interested in utilising this option, please contact us. All signature links must be kept in your signature in your profile. Anyone found to be posting links to their websites or suspected of using "sneaky" advertising methods is in violation of this guideline. You may only post a link to your site/a site that you are in some way affiliated with if the link specifically answers the question that is being asked and the answer cannot be simply posted without the link. Even then, link directly to the page where the information can be found. General and unnecessary links will be tagged as advertising. If you are found to be excessively posting links to your site (or you appear to be seeking out threads where your link may be relevant, so that you can post it), you may lose the ability to post links to your site.
4. You are not allowed to post an affiliate URL that leads to you earning cash, banner impressions, credits, points, etc.
5. Do not post personal, real-life information such as home addresses and home phone numbers. This is for your safety.
6. As this is an English-speaking community, we require that posted content be in the English language, so that it can be well received and properly monitored.
7. Vulgar language and inappropriate material is not allowed and will be removed. Abbreviations, self-censoring, and attempts to circumvent the word-censoring feature of the community software also violate this guideline. If your post contains a word that is censored by the software, you must remove that word or the post will be removed. If you feel that the censor is acting in error, please contact us. We try to maintain a family friendly atmosphere whenever it is possible within the main subject matter of this community. Please keep this in mind when participating.
8. When linking to outside websites, you must ensure that the content of the link is appropriate for our community, in line with the guidelines laid out here. This includes mentioning or referencing a site, even if the mention is not hyperlinked. If you post a link and that link is automatically censored, it is considered to be an inappropriate link and you should remove it from your post immediately. If left, all posts that feature inappropriate links will be removed.
9. You must not post any copyrighted material (articles, videos, audio, etc.) unless the copyright is owned by you or you have consent from the owner of the copyrighted material to reproduce or distribute that material specifically. For text articles, most of the time you may quote a small portion of the article (usually no more than 1/5 or 1/6) and you must link to the source (if online) or provide the source (if offline). Posting the entire article, even with the source, constitutes copyright infringement. This is not the place to illegally trade or distribute copyrighted (or those with questionable copyright status) video or audio clips. Be aware that
Up Up ‘n’ Away reserves the right to reveal your identity (or any information we have about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any information posted by you.
10. When posting and linking to images, videos, files, etc., please refrain from hot linking. This is the direct linking to images (.jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png, etc.), video (.avi, .mov, .mpg, .mpeg, .wmv, etc.), audio (.mp3, .wav, etc.), archives (.zip, .rar, etc.) or otherwise downloadable or streamed files, on servers that you do not have permission to link to, instead of linking to the page where the item can be found. This includes providing a direct link to the file, even if that file is not embedded into your post. This practice costs the server owner money and resources.
11. We ask that members maintain a healthy respect for the diversity of others’ opinions that make us all unique and interesting. This is done by always communicating in a respectful, polite and courteous manner. It is important to remember that just because you do not share another person’s opinion about a topic, this is not ground for a personal attack on that person or their beliefs (religious, cultural or moral). Differences of opinion should be seen as a positive element of healthy discussion, enabling each person to explain their own reasoning for their opinion. You, yourself should feel free to express your own opinion and have others respect this and in doing so, afford this freedom to others.
We acknowledge that the written word is not always the best way to express your thoughts and opinions and for many people this medium of communication does not come easy. Misunderstandings often arise when members do not think carefully about what they are saying or about the tone they are using in their posts, particularly when they disagree with the opinions of others, or take them personally. On the whole, we understand that most people do not intend to offend others when they submit a post, but personality conflicts do result when a person interprets another’s comments in their own unique way.
If a moderator closes a thread, then it will remain closed until administration makes a decision on it. Threads are closed for a reason, so we ask that members do not start spin-off threads after a thread is closed i.e. another thread that is aimed at continuing the point of view or line of argument. Members, who continue to start spin-off threads, after a thread is closed, will risk having their membership suspended for 48 hours.
If you have second thoughts about what you have posted you can always use the edit facility at the top of your post to change or delete what you have written (or delete your post entirely). This will save us the trouble of doing so ourselves!
12. Signatures are limited to 10 lines of text. This includes blank lines. It is recommended that you stick with readable fonts and colours and that the size is not too large.
13. Automated account creation, participation, and content scraping are not permitted.
14. We know that people will have to leave our community (of their own free will or otherwise) from time to time and to that end, we do not delete accounts, posts, or other content posted on our community. All content is granted to us with perpetual electronic publishing rights because any content posted on this community becomes a part of the community, even if you no longer are. You may request an item to be removed at any time, but we will decide when and if to remove content from our community. If you wish to no longer be identified with our community, we will be glad to close your account and alter your profile information to remove all identifying characteristics. After account closure, you will no longer be able to participate in this community and this action is not reversible.
15. The Community Manager has the final say on anything. If you have a problem, you may make a complaint to her directly and not publicly on the website. Creating threads or posts that question or reference administrative decisions or potential administrative decisions, such as post removals and thread closures, is not permitted. We are not perfect and if you feel that we have made a mistake, please privately contact a staff member and we will review the situation.
16. Whenever you are participating in this community, please keep in mind that we strive to create a fun, friendly and inviting atmosphere. So, please have fun and enjoy the forums!
Freedom of speech rights do not extend to privately owned websites, such as this one. These guidelines detail the types of behavior and activities that are allowed here. If a user violates our guidelines and shows a disregard for them, our staff and our community, they run the risk of losing their account. We reserve the right to deactivate any account and to edit or remove any content without warning.
These guidelines are subject to change at any time without notice. Do you have a question about our User Guidelines or anything else? Do you have a suggestion? Do you want to offer some feedback? Or are you experiencing some trouble with the site? No matter what it is, please do not hesitate to email and we will be glad to help in any way that we can.
Thank you all for your good intentions and your participation in
Up Up ‘n’ Away forums.