Cheesy Pumpkin Polenta Fingers with Ratatouille
Updated: Nov 25, 2020
This is a recipe your whole family will enjoy, including baby!
What you need:
· 500 g pumpkin, peeled and chopped coarsely
· 4 tbsp. olive oil
· 3 ½ cups water
· 3/4 cup polenta
· 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
· 20 g baby rocket leaves
· 1 small eggplant
· 2 medium zucchini
· 1 medium red capsicum
· 1/2 small red onion, chopped coarsely
· 2 cloves garlic, crushed
· 400 g can crushed tomatoes
· 1/2 cup bottled tomato pasta sauce
· 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh small basil leaves
1. Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Grease a deep 20cm-square cake pan.
2. Toss pumpkin with 1 tbsp. olive oil in medium shallow baking dish. Roast in oven, in a single layer, for 30 minutes.
3. Bring water to the boil in a medium saucepan. Gradually add polenta to water, stirring constantly, and then reduce heat.
4. Simmer, continuously stirring for about 10 minutes or until polenta thickens. Remove from heat, stir in cheese and roasted pumpkin, then spread into prepared pan. Let cool for 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour or until firm.
5. To make the Ratatouille: Peel eggplant and zucchini and chop alongside the capsicum into 1cm pieces.
6. Heat 1tbsp. olive oil in a large frying pan. Cook eggplant and zucchini, stirring, until browned all over. Remove from pan.
7. Heat 1tbsp. oil in same pan. Cook capsicum, onion and garlic, stirring, until onion softens.
8. Add undrained tomatoes,pasta sauce, the water and the eggplant mixture, and bring to the boil.
9. Simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat. Stir in basil.
10. Turn the polenta onto a board and trim edges. Cut into quarters, then cut each quarter into 3 ‘finger’ slices.
11. Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan and fry polenta until browned all over. Reserve a slice of polenta for your child and cut into bite-sized pieces. Place polenta on your child’s plate and top with some of the ratatouille.
12. Divide remaining polenta slices onto serving plates, top with remaining ratatouille and serve with rocket.
Coles baby & Toddler Club. (1975, December 31). Cheesy pumpkin polenta finger with ratatouille. Retrieved by https://kitchen.nine.com.au/recipes/pumpkin-and-goats-cheese-puree/fbf774d3-29dd-485c-a710-d77b7acc68833