Updated: Nov 18, 2020
What you need:
· 1 kg white fish fillets, skin removed, chopped coarsely
· 2 egg whites
· 2 tbsp fresh chives, coarsely chopped
· 1 1/4 cups (125g) packaged breadcrumbs
· 2 tbsp olive oil
1. Grease 19cm x 30cm rectangle pan.
2. Blend or process fish and chives until smooth. Press mixture evenly into pan, then turn onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Cut into eight 19cm slices, and then cut each slice in half to make 16 fish fingers.
3. Whisk egg whites lightly in medium shallow bowl. Place breadcrumbs in another medium shallow bowl. Dip fish fingers into egg white, then in breadcrumbs to coat.
4. Heat oil in a large frying pan and cook fish fingers, in batches, until browned lightly and cooked through. Drain on absorbent paper.
5. Serve fish fingers whole or chopped into smaller pieces, depending on your child’s eating skills.
The Healthy Mummy. (2020). Healthy Kids Fish Fingers. Retrieved from https://www.healthymummy.com/recipe/healthy-kids-fish-fingers/